Useful Resources & Links

We  have a Social Prescriber  attached to the  Practice, who  we can refer patients  to if they  have issues and are unable to cope with the present situation

  • Unable to afford to buy food
  • Problems with benefit payments
  • Unmanageable debt
  • Lack of money management skills
  • Lack of money to adequately heat their home
  • Accommodation unsuitable to meet physical needs
  • Accommodation unsafe, for example, risk of falls
  • Hoarding
  • Unable to afford basic furniture
  • Lack of friends or family to socialise with
  • Poor social skills
  • Social anxiety
  • Unemployment
  • Problems with existing employment

The list is not exhaustive, so please do not hesitate to contact the Practice

We also  have some useful links that may help you get advise and help

Keeping an eye on your Blood Pressure : At present you cannot come to the

surgery to do a check but you can monitor this at home.

If you are able to  purchase   a Blood pressure monitor you can buy from any Chemists  they must be  British  Hypertension Society approved ones  . Remember that you must not share these between households at this time as the virus can remain active on surfaces for 72 hours. Keep a record of your blood pressure readings so that they are ready for your next review which could of course be by phone.

Simple advice on home monitoring may be found at: –

Home monitoring It is also a useful gateway to the whole site.

Hypertension: Again a useful website for advice and support for patients is:

Diabetes:  Diabetes UK for advice

Healthy food recipes-

Learn all about managing diabetes well in the learning zone

Public information on domestic abuse

The NHS website has advice online for the public on spotting the signs for domestic abuse and domestic violence and where to go for help. The NHS also has a help page for those who have been raped or sexually assaulted.

The Home Office have launched a national campaign to raise awareness of the dedicated support available. The campaign will highlight that isolation rules do not apply in the case of domestic abuse and that police response and support services remain available.

If you are worried that someone you know is a victim of domestic abuse, you can call the National Domestic Abuse Helpline for free and confidential advice, 24 hours a day on 0808 2000 247.

If you believe there is an immediate risk of harm to someone, or it is an emergency, always call 999.


If you, or someone you know, is a victim of domestic abuse find out how to report domestic abuse.

If you are in immediate danger, call 999 and ask for the police.

If you are in danger and unable to talk on the phone, call 999 and listen to the questions from the operator and, if you can, respond by coughing or tapping on the handset.

National Domestic Abuse Services – April 2020

Bright Sky App (

Domestic Abuse Directory (

Standing Together (

Call 999 from a mobile

If prompted, press 55 to Make Yourself Heard and this will transfer your call to the police.

Pressing 55 only works on mobiles and does not allow police to track your location.

Call 999 from a landline

If the operator can only hear background noise and cannot decide whether an emergency service is needed, you will be connected to a police call handler.

If you replace the handset, the landline may remain connected for 45 seconds in case you pick up again.

When 999 calls are made from landlines, information about your location should be automatically available to the call handlers to help provide a response.

If you are deaf or can’t verbally communicate

You can register with the emergencySMS service. Text REGISTER to 999. You will get a text which tells you what to do next. Do this when it is safe so you can text when you are in danger.

Get help if you, or someone you know, is a victim

We publish a list of the main organisations you can speak to for support. Women’s Aid also has a list of useful links for websites and organisations providing relevant information and support.

If you are suffering from anxiety stress and depression below is a useful link

Good Thinking launched in November 2017. It is designed to tackle sleep, anxiety, stress and depression. It’s free for Londoners. More info can be found on :

If you need help in ordering your groceries below is a link to help you>

Your care, your  way with your wishes at the heart of your treatment

In a medical emergency, how would you like to be treated? Would you prefer to be cared for at home, or in hospital? Are there treatments you would rather avoid?

Coordinate My Care (CMC) is an innovative NHS service that records your wishes, and then shares them, electronically, with all the medical professionals who will be involved. So they can put your wishes at the centre of your care.

Please click on the link below and fill out the online form

Please carry on sending your feed backs via emails ,  letters  and Survey monkey . Your comments are important to us  whether they are positive or negative, they help us to improve the service we provide to you .